BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (B.Ed)
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is an undergraduate degree course that qualifies students to work as teachers in schools. B.Ed course duration is 2 years with a total of 4 semesters. The B.Ed degree is necessary for teaching at the secondary and higher secondary divisions. The B.Ed syllabus is framed to meet the requirements of teacher trainees who aspire teaching as their teaching profession.
Only those candidates who have obtained 50% (45% in the case of SC/ST, Category-I and Physically handicapped) of the aggregate in all subjects he/she studied for three years degree examination are eligible for admission to the B.Ed Course.
Allocation of Seats
• College shall admit the candidates allotted by Centralised Admission Cell (CAC) by the Government of Karnataka on the basis of merit and reservation.
• For filling the other seats, the respective colleges shall select the candidates following eligibility criteria as envisaged in regulations.
• The college should get the selected candidates, both under Government quota and Management quota, within the date fixed for admission as per approving authority.
• The total intake of our B.Ed college is 100 (2 Units) and or as fixed by NCTE/Government of Karnataka from time to time.
• Admission is given to a candidate who has acquired Bachelors / Masters degree in any subject/ branch.
Duration of the Course :
• The duration of B.Ed course shall be a period of 2 years of four semesters.
• The minimum duration of practice teaching shall be of six weeks which includes programs like teaching general lessons, unit plans and test.
• The medium of instruction shall be English. However, candidates may be permitted to write their answers in the Examination in Kannada.
• A working day shall be of a minimum of six contact hours and 40 hours per week.